what is a blondie?
you probably know what a brownie is right..
well a blondie is like a brownie without the brown color, hence the name blondie..
Kalo kata Tante Martha Stewart sih "Faced with a plateful of brownies and blondies, one can empathize with Archie's predicament -- never being able to choose between Veronica and Betty. On the one hand, it's hard not to fall in love with the dark, rich one; on the other, who can resist a sweet blond? Either would make a delightful valentine. Luckily, unlike Archie, you don't have to pick a favorite. You'll land in no trouble at all if you invite them both to dinner." from here..
For Tuesday's piranhas (teman2 sisa dunia yg berencana lulus 4.5 tahun di FHUI nan jaya-red) i'm baking a blondie the original recipe is from here..
Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts (Makes 16)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar *akyu cuman pake 1/4 cup plus 2 tblspoon*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon salt *akyu pake setengahnya saja*
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips *akyu pake campuran van huten, herseys milk chocolate and herseys white chips biar rame rasa dan warnanya :)*
- 1 cup chopped walnuts *i omit this all together, ga punya yang begini2an mah*
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder *recipenya hodob ni masa kaga pake pengembang*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (approximately 175 C). Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter; line pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix just until moistened (do not overmix) *wah ini yang paling penting dalam dunia perbakingan, kalo overmix langsung deh BANTET tuh kue*. Fold in 1/2 cup each chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. *lebay deh! 25 menit aja udah mateng bgt atasnya, hixx gara2 ditinggal mandi nih, terlalu coklat deh atasnya* Set pan on a wire rack, and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares. Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 days.